Caroline Gill: Abbreviated CV
- Walthamstow Hall (1966-1972)
- Norwich High School (1972-1979)
- University of Newcastle upon Tyne, BA (Hons.) Classical Studies (1979-1982)
- University of Exeter, PGCE Secondary School (1982-1983)
- The Bell School of Languages, Norwich, RSA Prep. Cert. TEFL (1984)
- Teaching positions in Norfolk
- EFL tutor in Rome, Oxford and Cambridge
- Archives Assistant & Cataloguing Assistant, Churchill Archives Centre, Cambridge
- Writing: courses, publications etc. (see also Publications List)
- Card making and digital photography: www.coastcard.co.uk
- Holidays: often Cornwall
- Leisure activities: visiting ancient sites, watching wildlife ...
- Fiction: John Buchan is a favourite author.
- Poetry: I enjoy reading the best of the old and the best of the new.
- Website: www.davidgill.co.uk/cg/
Short courses taken intermittently from 1986 include adult continuing education classes in Poetry and Creative Writing, under the auspices of:
- The Writers' Bureau (about to start, 2008)
- Swansea University DACE (tutors include Peter Thabit Jones, Byron Beynon, Peter Read, Andrew Hubbard)
- The Write Stuff, Disability Arts Cymru (tutor: Susan Richardson)
- WEA (tutor: Margaret Wilkinson), Cullercoats
- The People's Centre, South Shields
- about a hundred poems have appeared in print. Please see Publications List for list of these. and for a full list of prizes.
Please see Publications List for a complete list of these. First prize wins include the following:
- 2007 Petra Kenney Poetry Competition, General Section
- 2007 St Fagan's E-steddfod, English Language Section, category: Haiku
- 2006 St Fagan's E-steddfod, English Language Section, category: Haiku
- 2005 Helford River Poetry Competition, adult section
- 2005 Ottakar/Faber Carmarthen store, adult section
- 2005 Writing Magazine Ottava Rima Competition
- 2003 Davidian Poetry Competition, Wendy Webb Books, Norfolk Poets & Writers
- 1972 Sevenoaks Three Arts Festival Grove Poetry Prize, when aged 11
- co-leader with David Gill of our local Swansea Christian Writers’ Group, Ready Writers Swansea, for five years (2002-2007). We helped to produce a small Advent anthology, Christ Comes, to raise funds for The Leprosy Mission (TLM) in 2004.
- The Poetry Society
- Academi (Associate member)
- The Hymn Society
- The Association of Christian Writers
- Disability Arts Cymru
- The Association of Freelance Writers
- Poetry Book Society
- The Write Stuff, Disability Arts Cymru, 2004. I took part in this project, which resulted in a group anthology, Hidden Dragons (Parthian 2004) English language editor: Allan Sutherland; Welsh language editor: Elin Ap Hywel. I read my poem, 'Rhossili: Writing the Worm' at the book launch, Guardian Hay Festival, 2004. Other launch venues included the National Botanic Garden of Wales and The Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea.